Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

A Thousand Paper Cranes

Friday, March 11, 2011
Today I was about to post that this post was going to come tomorrow,
but I overcame my brain-deadness and my laziness. I apologize now if this
post isn't the greatest I've posted. Anyway, this is another sandcastle picture.
This one features Sadako. Sadako was a girl who lived in Hiroshima. She was
diagnosed with leukemia which came from the bomb that fell on Hiroshima
when she was a baby. In a Japanese legend, it's said that if a person makes
one thousand paper cranes, the gods will grant their wish. Sadako sets out to
make one thousand cranes while she is in the hospital, but she herself does
not get to finish. After she passes away, her friends and family finish the
cranes. Sadako is known for her courage and as a reminder of the aftermath of
the bombing of Hiroshima.

Quote Of The Day:
"I will write peace on your wings and you will fly all over
the world." ~ Sadako Sasaki

50 Word Story:
Paper Wings
Strings of paper cranes hang from the ceiling, each a slightly different
size and shape. They vary in color...some pastel shades, others vibrant, some
shiny and gold, others in different patterns. They ruffle in the breeze. At once
they're free. Flying out the window, their wings crinkling, reflecting the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment