Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Handprints Left

Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Today was fun. We celebrated Halloween today at school because the middle
school has conferences the rest of the week. (YES! 5 day weekend!!) I went as
a shadow. It was pretty easy - I dressed all in black and followed behind
people. Took this picture tonight. This is the top of a very special stool. My
friend gave this to me for my birthday. We spent a whole day painting the stool
and for the top, we used hand prints. Of course, we got very creative. Around
the edge of the top, we wrote words such as "inspire" and "believe." Then of
course, she goes over and writes "eat" along with the others. Love ya, Edder!

Quote Of The Day:
"Craft is the handprint of all culture." ~ Author Unknown

50 Word Story:
Creative Influences
From little girls slapping mud pies into form together, to girls running around
and putting on shows for our parents with all the costumes, to planning
extravagant schedules to use while riding in the car, to figuring out Halloween
together, to painting my stool, her creativity has left a handprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment