Search This Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hardware and Variety

Thursday, December 23, 2010
Hmph. If not for the lights and decorations, it wouldn't feel like Christmas.
I can't really believe that tomorrow's Christmas Eve. Odd, isn't it? Anyway, I
just took this shot as we were coming home from hearing some friends play
music. I've always loved this little hardware store. It's very old-fashioned and
has that distinct general store smell.

Quote Of The Day:
"I went to a general store but they wouldn't let me buy
anything specific." ~ Stephen Wright

50 Word Story:
Quaint
A door on squeaky hinges opens, revealing a cozy store. The smell of dog
food, metal, fresh cut wood, and antiques fills the room, washing over those in
the shop. Shiny, old-style toys, pet supplies, hardware, birdhouses, flags,
doormats, and little knick knacks line the shelves. Always familiar and
welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment