Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Inspiration

Thursday, December 16, 2010
Being a writer, I sometimes feel that I find inspiration in the weirdest places.
Things that seem perfectly normal and uninteresting to people are important
to me and what I could use them for in my writing. This is a football stadium -
a pretty average structure in a city. For me, this sparked a whole new set of
characters and a brand new plot line.

Quote Of The Day:
"Easy reading is damn hard writing." ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne
And this one, just because... :)
"A metaphor is like a simile." ~ Author Unknown

50 Word Story:
Gears
Ordinary objects, normal buildings, busy city streets, nothing to be expected
of them. Architecture common to the city. Grey pavement, nothing out of the
ordinary. However, the slightest thing can kick start the gears in a writer's
mind spinning, whirring, clinking, busy creating a work of entwined words.
Inspiration found.

No comments:

Post a Comment