Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

Orcha-strated

Monday, November 15, 2010
I took this picture a while go when we were up at the island. We went out in the speedboat and there was a pod of orcas. A pretty cool sight. I've always thought orca whales were very beautiful. They've always seemed powerful. This orca, however, was being a bit camera shy...either that or I had bad timing. :)

Quote Of The Day:
"Whale watching is very similar to watching a lot of people on a boat get disappointed." ~ Demetri Martin

50 Word Story:
Orcas' Arrival
The water was choppy as the wind ripped across it. Unknowing, boaters chugged through the water towards the harbor. Suddenly a spout of salty spray shoots out of the blue waters and a dorsal fin soon follows. Boats stop, cutting their engines. Cameras are pulled out. The orcas have arrived.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! I wish I saw the orcas... I'm really jealous of you right now. Is that a good thig or a bad thing?

    ReplyDelete