Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Victory!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hello! :) First picture is of my cousin (in the green) playing in one of her
soccer games. The second is just a great shot of another girl on her team. I
myself had a really good soccer game today. Today we had our last game of
the season. Not only did we play the team tied for top in the league and beat
them, their name was Victory. My team happens to be the worst team in the
league, and quite frankly, we're pretty proud that we just beat that team.
What a way to end the season. Pretty nerve-wracking for me, as I'm the
goalie...It was great.

Quote Of The Day:
(This pretty sums up our soccer season...)
"Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat."
~ Malcolm S. Forbes

50 Word Story:
Victorious Finish
They'd tasted defeat many times in the season. The team hadn't "gelled" fully
and they were still a bit scattered - players had come and gone. Towards the
end, they began to see the light of victory. The last thirty seconds of their
season - a goal was scored. Finally! Sweet victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment