Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

For Cody

Thursday, September 16, 2010
As you may know already, we lost a boy from the valley yesterday. His
name was Cody. He was a junior. The whole valley was supporting him while
he battled in the hospital, however, he passed on. I thought a shot of the river
in winter - beauty in the valley - would be suitable. Rest in peace, Cody. This is
for you.

Quote Of The Day:
"Every man dies - Not every man really lives."
~ William Ross Wallace

50 Word Story:
(Actually, there is no story tonight. Just one of my favorite poems
by Mary Elizabeth Frye.)
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there.
I did not die.

No comments:

Post a Comment