Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New York, ♥ Me

Tuesday, February 22, 2011





Wow. Okay. I took over 350 pictures in New York. I was in the city yesterday
and the greater part of today, so that's why these pics are coming tonight. The
first shot is one of a yellow taxi cab, which are extremely common in NYC
streets. Honks can be heard on nearly every main street. The second picture is
Times Square at night. The only difference between the square at noon and at
midnight is that it's dark in the sky. (Notice how I specify where it's dark, as
the light is phenomenal in there...) People are still out at 2 AM. Crazy...The
third picture is of a cathedral (I can't remember which) that is the largest
Gothic cathedral in the world or something impressive like that. The next shot
is a tile on a fence of 9/11 memorials. The tile reads "tower, love, NY." Next
picture is of the arch at Washington Square. Quite a nice park in the craziness
of NYC streets, though it's not as vast as Central Park. The last shot, one of my
faves, is a shot of the Empire State Building at night from the observation deck
of Rockefeller Center. All in all, my trip to the Big Apple was awesome...tiring,
but definitely an experience worth everything.

Quote Of The Day:
"One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much
in five minutes as in five years." ~ Thomas Wolfe

50 Word Story:
Culture Shock
Giant billboards and flashing lights welcome travelers into New York. Long
blocks, skyscrapers so tall it feels as though you're in a canyon. Honking
yellow taxis taking people across Manhattan and beyond. The Statue of
Liberty holds her torch in the distance. Smells waft through the air. NYC
welcomes you.

2 comments:

  1. I loved New York when i went :D It brings back memories ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I went to NY too! I really liked it there! Which places did you got to?

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "I am smart, I am smart, S.M.R.T. I mean S.M.A.R.T."
    -Homer Simpson

    ReplyDelete