Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tokens

Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Woohoo! I'm all caught up from last week! Hooray! That feels good...I've only got 26 more posts. After I reach 365 days of blogging, I'll be doing a joint blog theme with my friend from http://islandfever44.blogspot.com/. We'll come up with a photography theme for each week and will post on Saturdays or Sundays. On to today's post! We have a bay window in my kitchen and my mom keeps trinkets and tokens, mostly heart shaped, in the window. I've always liked to look through everything up there since I was little...

Quote Of The Day:
"The most evident token and apparent sign of true wisdom is a constant and unconstrained rejoicing." ~ Michel de Montaigne

50 Word Story:
Simple Reminders
The small shapes in the dish sparkle in the afternoon sunlight, catching the eye. The are easily pocketed. They're symbols of bonds, of courage, of perseverance. Tokens of success, leadership, happiness, and curiosity. A light weight in the pocket, a reminder of values, of family, of strength and open mindedness.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to find that blog later in the year and read it.

    ReplyDelete