Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Crows

Saturday, January 1, 2011
Happy 2011! I went out geocaching today...(How did my dad and I manage to
get ourselves into that?) It was quite chilly outside, to put it mildly. However, I
borrowed a camera from a friend and had great fun using that. This was one of
the shots I took of a bunch of crows "just chillin'" in a tree. I'm sure everyone's
had some sort of experience with crows....one of my classmates once claimed
that a crow chased her across campus. They've also been known to steal whole
bagels...In fact, crows are number eight out of ten on the smartest animals list.

Quote Of The Day:
"The crow wished everything was black, the owl, that
everything was white." ~ William Blake

50 Word Story:
Not so Famous, Just as Clever
Black figures of flight, slightly smaller than the majestic ravens so often talked
of. Cousins. Perched on tree branches and cawing loudly in the still and silent
air. Black wings ruffling in the breeze and sneaky eyes keeping stern watch on
the prize. This is the essence of a crow.

No comments:

Post a Comment