Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Defying Gravity

Sunday, January 2, 2010
I took this shot today when I was out and around town with a friend. We went
on a mini photo shoot, and although it was fun, it was quite cold. This tricycle
is hung up on the bike shop and I wanted a picture of it from below. Of course,
my fellow photographer suggests that I lie down on the sidewalk (which
happens to be very nasty) and I take her advice. There were numerous
attempts at this shot, but I'm glad one actually turned out, as I not only
suffered the cold and the nasty sidewalk, but many pictures taken of me in said
position.

Quote Of The Day:
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a
photograph is like consulting the laws of gravity before
going for a walk." ~ Edward Weston

50 Word Story:
Dreams of Zero Gravity
He'd watched the launches of numerous space shuttles ever since he was a
little boy, always curious and wondering what lay ahead of them, where they
were going, and why. He became one of those people in white spacesuits,
waving goodbye as they boarded the shuttle. One man defying gravity.

1 comment: