Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

Illusions

Friday, January 7, 2010
This was a very cool archway I happened to grab a few pictures of. This
reminds me of the drama that I participate in. I enjoy being an actor and I
absolutely love the backstage of the theatre. There's a place downstairs that
has big "movie-star" mirrors on either side of an aisle. They have the big bulbs
and if you stand in front of one, it seems to continue forever, thus creating a
really cool optical illusion.

Quote Of The Day:
"Illusions are the mirages of hope." ~ Author Unknown

50 Word Story: (Actually an excerpt from a vignette I wrote about the theatre.)
Bittersweet Reflections (Excerpt)
In the makeup "aisle," as it's best described, the mirror is clean and polished,
not a single fingerprint obscuring the clarity and sharpness of it. When the
lights are on, looking through the mirror is like falling into a skewed, silver
wonderland where everything around is reflected. The optical illusion never
stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment