Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Home for the Birds

Thursday, January 6, 2010
There's this little birdhouse that I don't think I would have ever noticed if I
hadn't been out actually looking for things to take pictures of. It hangs from
the bakery overhang and is painted bright orange. Funny that I hadn't noticed
that before. Having a camera in your hands makes you notice the smallest
details...one thing I love about photography.

Quote Of The Day:
"God finds a low branch for the bird that cannot fly." ~ Turkish
Proverb

50 Word Story:
Warm Hideouts for Winter Birds
Wind, sleet, rain, and snow. Little birds sitting in the open trees, their wings
curled up next to their bodies and their heads tucked into their feathers
against the brittle cold. Hanging from a building is a birdhouse, a small
sanctuary from the elements. Warm hideouts for the winter birds.

2 comments:

  1. Love the shot...would have cloned out the barcode sticker...just a thought photographer to photographer. Hey, we need another shoot--I'M RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS AND KEEP GOING BACK TO FOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was thinking about that barcode...it's a bit ugly. :( Hahaha! Let's go on one soon...we could do some cool stuff I think with signs or doors or animals or something. :)

    ReplyDelete