Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Small Town Theatre Spirit

Wednesday, January 5, 2010
This is a picture I took of a mural downtown. I'd never really stopped to study these paintings, but they're very fun and expressive of the town. There's one of the stage, one of a potter, one of a sewing man among another one I can't remember. My town has a very small theatre that isn't often spoken of, but I think it's cool that we actually have one...maybe I'll do a production or something there at some point.

Quote Of The Day:
"An actor is part illusionist, part artist, part ham." ~ Oscar Wilde

50 Word Story:
Spark of Bravo
A small town like the one just before the mountains didn't seem like it would have much to offer, maybe a car dealership, real estate, mountain supplies, a less-than-perfect bakery. However, the town had a spirit of its own in the theatre. Local actors performed to put a spark in the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment